From: <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 9:04 AM
Subject: Digital lens question

well since almost everything now turns around digital here is something to

sparkle some conversation...

it regards the new series of lenses that ar fit for digital cameras...do

they differ that much from the regular "film" lenses or are they branded
that way?

I can make 2 suppositions:
1. the light beam is optimized for the smaller recording media size

(sensor). If so, what are the tradeoffs when this lens is used in a
compatible film camera?

2. are they branded "for digital" jsut because the have been changed to a

focal length that equates the "film" regular value/range (IOW 17mm being a
28mm when used with a film camera)

and more specific...
anyone has any commnets on the new Tamron SP AF28-75MM F/2.8 XR Di LD

Aspherical (IF) lens...i am considering a future buy and use with film
cameras...

thanks beforehand, kostas

_________

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.