Re: Digital Photography

Don Roberts wrote:

This may be simplistic but "photography" means "painting with light" or something to that effect. Nowhere is the medium mentioned. Why should digital photographers then not have the same status as those who employ film and paper?

If the printed image is the same one that was captured in the camera, they meet your definition.

If the final image is manipulated, has had things added or removed by photoshop, there is no "painting with light".

Let me emphasize, there is nothing wrong with digital manipulation. In my opinion the final image is what counts, not the mechanics of creating the image.

And as I said, I am eagerly awaiting the replacement for the Canon 10D so I'll be involved in the chemical and the electronic arenas.

Bob

Bob wrote:

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Bob  and Mark,

I think digital photography is virtual photography. I would say that
rather than being artists skilled digital photographers are
illustrators.

I think results are what count and jibes about methods to achieve them
are only for fun. It is, of course, senseless to essentialize anything
or any one except in jest. AZ

I agree with this.....

Bob