Re: DSLR Write Speed

The file size difference is directly from the Canon specifications.

Chuck

On May 23, 2004, at 6:04 PM, lea wrote:

I'd definitely recommend the 10D; I've been using one for almost a year
to shoot my weddings and portraits and just about 3 months ago bought a
second as my back-up.

In considering a back-up I looked at the Digital Rebel as well as the G5
but found them both to be lacking in critical areas...the G5 was just
simply too slow on the shutter release and the Rebel lacked the feel of
a stout camera that could tolerate some kicking around. I can't recall
what exactly the difference was with the Rebel and the 10D but as I
recall it was harder to get to the things I needed in the menu and that
became THE deciding factor for me to go with a second 10D. The little
bit of additional cost was small compared to the features, I felt.

I am also not certain why you're seeing an image size difference between
the two cameras because they have the same exact chip so far as I've
ever read.

Happy shopping...no matter which you go with I'm sure you'll be pleased
(but I'm pulling for the 10D!).
Lea

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Siegel" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 11:41 AM Subject: Re: DSLR Write Speed

Jim,

I am thinking about purchasing a 10D or a Digital Rebel.  At first I
was excited about the Rebel, but then I became interested in the 10D.

I noticed that the largest jpg file on the 10D is approximately 2.2
megs and on the Rebel it's 3+ megs.

How would you rate (review) the 10D? Do you have any information
about
the Digital Rebel?

Chuck