Re: Gallery Review

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Bob Talbot, Flamingo:  A striking image, perfectly executed.  Looking
> at individual feathers, it is obvious that the image is mirrored, so
> the catchlight in one eye must be "fixed" afterwards.  However,
> technical details are unimportant; the image works, and works well.
>

> OK
>
> Minor manipulation was in terms of speed of application not magnitude.
> It's not a simple reflection.

Aha!  :-)

> The source image:
> http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/tempery/flamingoeye.jpg
>
> As shown I felt it was, err, nice but dull.
> The large dark triangle was IMO boring.
> I wanted two eyes

It looks *very* much like it belongs on some alien creature, after you
were done with it.  (I speak as somebody who's been reading science
fiction longer than I can remember.)
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>