Re: Kodak pro film

At 01:25 AM 1/14/2004, andrew fildes wrote:
wonders how the market for professional film is holding up in the US and Europe, particularly in 120 and 4x5.

A local lab that sells a lot of film and does quite a bit of professional (wedding/portrait) printing now has regular sales of outdated medium format film. I just bought all their pro-packs of Plus-X 120 with a June 04 date at about $1.60 a roll. They used to have far less expired film for sale. They have a lot of 220 color neg film that's outdated, probably because the photographers who used to buy it now do digital.

Of course this is just one lab, but I hear similar stories around the area.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com