Sidney

Statement re: The Future of Film at Kodak
For Customers, Channel Partners, Etc.
Friday, September 26, 2003

Regarding Kodak's Sept. 25 investors meeting and the resulting reports and rumors:

Please be assured that Eastman Kodak Company remains fully committed to anticipating and meeting our customers' needs for film, whether these end-users are professional photographers, advanced amateurs or hobbyists, or consumer picture-takers. We know that these customers depend on their camera to record their special memories, whether the images are of everyday moments or special once-in-a-lifetime events. We remain dedicated to maintaining our leadership in the film market through a clear understanding of customer needs combined with related product planning, development, manufacture, marketing and sales.

To affirm this intention, we highlight the eight new or upgraded films introduced to the professional and consumer markets within the last two years alone. These include new color negative films (KODAK PROFESSIONAL PORTRA Films and KODAK High Definition Films), color reversal films and new black & white films. We are very pleased that these films have received terrific acceptance by our customers. We also introduced numerous new high-quality papers for both the consumer and professional markets to ensure beautiful, long lasting images.

Kodak is committed to ensuring that our customers have increasing capabilities and opportunities to take, share, print and manage their images. While Kodak management acknowledged during the Investors' Meeting that the worldwide film market is declining, they reinforced our ongoing participation in film and a broader investment in image printing, sharing and image management capabilities. We believe that our professional, advanced amateur and consumer photography customers will be pleased by these directions.

Pablo Coronel Ph.D. Candidate Food Science Department North Carolina State University Room 39 Schaub Hall, Box 7624 Raleigh, NC, 27695

Phone (919) 515-4410
Fax (919) 515-7124
e-Fax (419) 818-7590
e-mail pcorone@unity.ncsu.edu