Re: photo stitch

> Unsharp mask - now there's a can of worms. See you can do more of it
> in camera, or you can do more later. Your choice. I prefer to do
mine
> later cause it can be undone.
<GRIN>

Yes.  Unsharp masking is a one-way degredation process.
If the camera manufacturer really gives a camera with better (more
accurate) focussing then fine, it's an improvement.  If what they
actually do is build in an algorithm (you can't turn off) that does an
in-camera sharpening to make the  output *look* sharper - as they
already do with consumer cameras - it's a bad day.

> As to the Rebel, it apparently has many auto modes but lacks some
> switches. For example to get servo auto focus you need to go to
sports
> mode, you can't switch it on. However, this is all conjecture.
We don't have the "Rebel" but we do have "bottom of the range"
equivalents and they don't all aloow the photographer to operate in
manual mode.

> I don't know where you get your information, but with millions of
10d
> out there, if a few are less than perfect, don't think that most of
> them aren't. I've been shooting birds in flight so I know how well
it
> can focus.
And unlike the cost of film, you just keep (*) shooting and shooting
and shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting till
you get a good one
Ain't digital wonderful ;o)

Bob

(*)  PS: my astronomer colleague does exactly this now with his
telescope.  Hundreds of "exposures" in rapid succession then software
rejects the (atmosphere) distorted ones.  Sum the good ones for high
res. planet shots ...