Re: 10D ISO test online

At 08:32 AM 12/20/2003 +0900, you wrote:
me@myplace.to wrote/replied to:

>>Yes I have 100, 200, and 300 percent blowups there
>>
>>I used screen captures from PS, yes, saves alot of work
>
>Would you please explain just why you would "blowup" (up size without
>resampling) a digital image while attempting to demonstrate it's quality?

Ok, it's like this. Going larger than 100 % shows up the noise much
better than at 100%.

This must seem to you a logical way to demonstrate digital image quality but I do not understand why.

If the purpose of this thread was to show off a Canon 10d to best advantage, you have failed. I don't know about anyone else but based only on what you have shown I wouldn't touch a 10d with a barge pole.

Look folks, if anyone wants to really see what the newer DSLR cameras are capable of, check out Steves digicam or, in the case of the new Nikon D2H, Rob Galbraith's test pages.

As for smoothing software, a new one has appeared every two months or so for the last five years and none, zero, surpass the results of the Adobe filter function, soft blur. Try it! Set radius to one, threshold ten,quality high, and mode normal. Increase threshold as needed.

Dave
East Englewood