Re: 10D ISO test online

<<
Su*ject : 10D ISO test online
quicky 10D ISO test now online. I was surprised at the result.

Jim

I'm not sure what your surprise is? (or was it irony?)
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/isotest.html

I'm presuming the images on the right are NeatImage treated?
The ones on the left don't look like "raw" though: there appears to be a sharpening "halo" around the ducks head (even in the top left frame)  - which of course would probasbly look fine in a print.

<<
I love NetobjectsFusion 7.5 for putting together a webpage and for
ease of putting up a quick page like this. Estimated time was about 5
minutes from opening the program to having it actually on the server.

They do look impressive - and as you say, speed is the essence if you are just putting something up fast.  I love the white box = info you have used for previous demos btw.  Behind the scenes - for HTML purists - there is some very wasteful switching (not as bad as Frontpage but still bad). I mean turning the same font on and off over and over but that's probably not worth worrying about.

<<<
I guess Neatimage really might be useful, even at ISO 100, if one
wanted to totally remove noise in some cases.

In a digital file there will always be some "noise".  But trouble is fine detail and noise are hard for an algorithm to tell apart.  It seems that automatic noise removal inevitably has to be balanced against detail blurring.

How low (ISO) does the D10 go? [yes, I know google works] .
How perfect - noise free - does an image become if you go down to say ISO 10?
If ever you do the trial - or someone points to a site that has - I'd be interested to see it.  BTW:  your pages here are unique in the test images are big enough to see!

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime