RE: Gallery Review

<<<
What follows are my takes on this weeks images. The disclaimer, as always,
is that my opinions are highly subjective and based on my personal bias.
I am always more influenced by how the pictures made me feel than any technical
aspects.

's curious anyone feels the need to make this clear.  Everything anyone
says or writes is always opinion: the idea of any pure "absolute" truth
appears absurd - something left to politicians.

Bob Talbot: "Eternity"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/
allery/talbot.html

>>Very nice collage.
Immediate thought was to treat the word "collage" as an insult: the photo
was not a collage but a scan of a single frame of film out of my camera.

Second thought: well, when I say single frame I mean double exposure, captured
in camera by tradtional means.  Is it just semantics?  Obviously if I did
this image today it would be easier to take two shots and combine them in
PhotoShop - something much simpler but much less fun - IMO.

Third: I guess I've never heard the word collage used to describe pictures
in which someone has incorporated an oversized moon by double exposure ...

<<
Photos as metaphors, however, generally leave me with my head spinning

Mmmm ... the photo was never taken as a metaphor for anything.  Perhaps
my mistake was to give it a title - I hate titles for photos - I did struggleto
find a title simply because to me none of my images actually have them.
Giving it the handle "eternity" clearly gives the wrong message, that the
picture is about more than just a picture ... which it was not.
To me it was just a technical excersize in combining a 2:1 macro shot with
the 1999 eclipse. the challenge was in leaving a graded black hole for the
sun, and positioning the sun in the hole.

<<<
like Linda Blair.

never heard of her

<<<C J R Strevens: "Junction Near C
apham Junction 2"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/strevens.html

        I love cartoons but not here.

OUCH!
That is hardly constructive.

<<<
Andrew Davidhazy: "Star trail fantasy"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery
davidhazy.html
Neat!!!

despite being a fake!

<<<
.......the Zen philosopher Hui-neng wrote *the meaning of life
is to see*........>>>
Very discriminatory against the blind!  So they have a meaningless life?

Bob