Re: TIF or JPEG

> Like I said, I looked and my JPG files saved at 12 average around 7
> megs. To say there is alot of savings using JPG is nonsense. touche

Jim

I'm interested here.

That value you quote (average 7 megs) for "your images" is quite high.
I don't have PS7 (only PS5) : is the Quality factor 12 of PS7 less
compressed that Quality factor 10 of PS5?
(I've tried googling but not come up with anything authoratitive)

I'm wondering also about differences in how well scanner images vs D10
images compress with TIFF and jpeg.
To start with, the RAW output reflects the real information available.
>From that, 3/4 of the information in the 8-bit per channel RGB files
is fiction <grin> or at least interpolated.  If you compress that
intuitively it should compress better than real info because it is -
indirectly - averaged.

What are the pixel dimensions of the D10?
3088 * 2056 Effective
3152 * 2068 Total (never did find out what the extra pixels were
doing)

I'll try cropping some scanned  images to those dimensions the saving
them as TIFF / jpeg for a comparison.
Let you know the results later

Bob