Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Achal)

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk> wrote/replied to:

>It's a very sad reflection on "modern" technology.
>In three years you're happy to see it as little more than a backup?
>

>In 5 years you probably won't be able to use it at all as the lastest
>must have comes on the market and the old formats (storage,
>translation software etc is no longer available).
>
>I guess it's good for business: continual re-equipment that is.

Sure it is. But for me, I simply love digital shooting and the more
features I can get on a camera the better. For example I hope on th
next generation to get ECF and partial metering with the focus point.

I will likely sell the 10D at that point though. I'm sure with the
difference from paid and got I'll be happy that I've gotten my money's
worth. Sometimes I feel as if I already have.

I have no doubt that my 10D will still be working fine in 20 years,
Bob. It's a great camera, it's just lacking a couple of features that
will make me upgrade from it. I'd love to keep it as backup, but
that's kind of an expensive option keeping something I could sell for
$1000 and perhaps never use. I got old film cameras for that :-)

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html