Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Achal)

> getting a DSLR. And that scanner will likely be obsolete in a year or
> two when you do go digital, but your digital camera will be still
> going strong, and at the least be a great backup or you can sell it.

Nothing against dSLRs (in fact, I 'may' buy 10D myself this X'mas, if I do
not hear any rumors of newer Canon models in immediate pipeline), but I
don't think the above statement is accurate.
Is everybody forgetting the number of dSLR models Canon has changed in last
three years? Not that D30 is obsolete now, but for people who bought it when
it was introduced, it has been an expensive deal in terms of money spent on
not having the latest model. Does Jim (Davis) think that 10D will stay for
one more year without a "newer" canon model to replace it? (In fact, if you
compare price to performance ratio, Digital Rebel is much better today than
D30!)
On the other hand, my film scanner bought 3 years ago is still the latest
model HP makes! :)

achal