Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Achal)

shy_mel_photo@juno.com wrote/replied to:

>        I'm not really wanting to go digital for my studio. I'm mostly
>just learning digital so I won't get left behind just in case I'm forced
>into it in the future. I really love my manual Pentax 35mm SLR. I've had
>it for nearly 15 years and still get my best photos out of it.

Borrow or rent a nice DSLR for a day. Like a D100 or 10D. My bets are
you'll never use film again afterwards. The advantages are far too
many to list here. The reason you should try it now, is that a good
scanner and a bit of film and processing adds up to the price of
getting a DSLR. And that scanner will likely be obsolete in a year or
two when you do go digital, but your digital camera will be still
going strong, and at the least be a great backup or you can sell it.
Used scanners are cheap though maybe you should get a used one from
someone who went digital.

Inkjet printers are only good for fun stuff, giving away small photos
and proofing. However, most photo labs will make great photos of any
digital file. I would not spend much on a printer at this point.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html