Re: What does everyone use?

shy_mel_photo@juno.com wrote/replied to:

>Okay, my scanner is shot, my digi-cam is crap, my program is crappy, my
>pictures suck and somehow my JPGs get turned into GIFs somewhere between
>my computer and my server. (In my computer files the extensions are jpg.)
>So what digital cameras do all of you use? And what picture programs are
>the best? Also, what's the best scanner?

Ok, here's what I've got and sometimes use:

EOS 10D
100-400L IS lens

EOS 55 black no longer used

Capture One LE raw file converter - does much more than convert,
rarely do I need to use Photoshop any more.
Photoshop 7 - of course
Neatimage noise and grain reducer - just learning this one
NetObjectsFusion webpage designer - very easy updating, easy creating,
I love it.

Epson 890 photo printer (soon to go)
My printing is now done on a Fuji Frontier. Cheap real photo prints
that make digital cameras look real good at 10 by 15. I wish it could
go larger.

Canon D2400UF flatbed scanner. I never did get a real film scanner but
this one is pretty damned good. Does up to 4 by 5 and does 35mm very
well for web use and casual printing. Not great for slide scanning
though.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html