Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Achal)

Achal Pashine <achal@stanford.edu> wrote/replied to:

>Your above two statements do not support each other. I quoted first two
>lines from earlier mail and later two lines from recent mail. You suggest
>that the scanner technology has not changed but still, if one buys a good
>quality scanner today, it will be obsolete in one year. On that other hand,
>digital SLR technology is changing every minute still your dSLR will not be
>obsolete even in three years. (whereas the proof is that there have been
>more model changes in dSLR than in scanners).

My point is, even though scanner technology hasn't changed that much,
a new one loses it's value very quickly, because for one thing there
are so many for sale. No matter how often DSLRs change models, they
are hot, they are easy to sell for good prices. D30s and D60s still
sell well and for plenty of money. That's all I'm saying.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html