Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Achal)

> >> getting a DSLR. And that scanner will likely be obsolete in a year or
> >> two when you do go digital, but your digital camera will be still

> As to your scanner. Scanner technology is basically at a standstill
> for a few years. Prices have come down a bit. But if you buy new now,

Jim,
Your above two statements do not support each other. I quoted first two
lines from earlier mail and later two lines from recent mail. You suggest
that the scanner technology has not changed but still, if one buys a good
quality scanner today, it will be obsolete in one year. On that other hand,
digital SLR technology is changing every minute still your dSLR will not be
obsolete even in three years. (whereas the proof is that there have been
more model changes in dSLR than in scanners).
I am not arguing with your core reasonining that, at the moment, buying dSLR
makes better sense than scanner (if one has money to spend, or if one is an
expert Ebayer to sell old models without much loss). But I am arguing
against your arguments to support your reasoning.
If money is no problem to keep old dSLR model AND buy a new model, your
reasoning makes sense. Otherwise, one can wait a little longer for dSLRs
technology to mature to a point that prices drop on models showing quality
comparable to film. Today, with 10D, we are not even talking full frame! It
matters to me, probably because it has more disadvantage when one is
shooting architecture or landscape than when one is shooting birds.

>As to HP, I'd never buy anything they make :-)

Jim, what's wrong with HP? that it has a woman CEO?? :-)

-achal