Re: What does everyone use?(thanks andy)

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:32:30 -0500 (EST) ADavidhazy
<andpph@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> writes:
> I am sorry ... I missed the beginning of the thread possibly where
> you told us
> what your scanner, camera and program were.
        My fault. I failed to say. Mustek scanner. I mostly scan for
personal use, my web site, enlarging my kids pictures to hang, and
submitting to the Gallery. One program I have is Micrografx Picture
Publisher which is limited. Another is Microsoft Publisher Delux with
Photo Editing and I havn't had a chance to use it yet.

 If you will be mostly sharing
> photographs on the web then cameras as "primitive" as those with 1
> megapixel
> sensors will produce acceptable results in many cases.
        Yes, the web. But the pictures I'm getting now aren't fit for the
Gallery, and I'd like to make submissions. I consider it an honor and
value the reviews.

> There is no reason why jpeg files should get transformed into gif
> files. I
> think this is a major problem and it is the one I would try to solve
> first.
> If you upload a jpeg file to your web directory it should remain a
> jpeg file.
        I transfer from my hard drive to the internet server using FTP.
Could there be an adjustment in the FTP program I need to make?

> I am not sure any of this helps > cheerio,
> andy
        It is all helpful. I am replying to all who responded, so maybe
there's another question I've asked that you might have an answer to. I'm
saving everyone's mails for reference.

Thanks a bunch,
Shyrell
http://yadtel.net/~jmelara/