Re: OS-X alert

Karl Shah-Jenner wrote:

> the problem seems to stem from using linux as the OS base but due to ongoing
> networking configuration issues with Mac OS X, the default DHCP is set to
> attempt to negotiate on all available interfaces - NOT the safest of network
> practices!

Hate to see Linux blamed. MacOS X is based on BSD Unix, not Linux, since it's actually based on NeXTStep (later OpenStep once on Intel-based hardware), which was based on BSD with a Mach microkernel.

A few of the MacOS X security holes have actually been a result of the NeXTStep legacy -- the Netinfo tool, for example, has had at least two that I can think of.