unsubscribe

->-----Original Message-----
->From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
->[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu] On Behalf Of
->shy_mel_photo@juno.com
->Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:58 PM
->To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
->Subject: Re: What does everyone use?(thanks andy)
->
->On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:32:30 -0500 (EST) ADavidhazy
-><andpph@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> writes:
->> I am sorry ... I missed the beginning of the thread
->possibly where you
->> told us what your scanner, camera and program were.
->        My fault. I failed to say. Mustek scanner. I mostly
->scan for personal use, my web site, enlarging my kids
->pictures to hang, and submitting to the Gallery. One program
->I have is Micrografx Picture Publisher which is limited.
->Another is Microsoft Publisher Delux with Photo Editing and I
->havn't had a chance to use it yet.
->
-> If you will be mostly sharing
->> photographs on the web then cameras as "primitive" as those with 1
->> megapixel sensors will produce acceptable results in many cases.
->        Yes, the web. But the pictures I'm getting now aren't
->fit for the Gallery, and I'd like to make submissions. I
->consider it an honor and value the reviews.
->
->> There is no reason why jpeg files should get transformed into gif
->> files. I think this is a major problem and it is the one I
->would try
->> to solve first.
->> If you upload a jpeg file to your web directory it should remain a
->> jpeg file.
->        I transfer from my hard drive to the internet server
->using FTP.
->Could there be an adjustment in the FTP program I need to make?
->
->> I am not sure any of this helps > cheerio, andy
->        It is all helpful. I am replying to all who
->responded, so maybe there's another question I've asked that
->you might have an answer to. I'm saving everyone's mails for
->reference.
->
->Thanks a bunch,
->Shyrell