Seeking image management software recommendations

Fellow listmembers:
I'd appreciate any comments you might have on your experience with the various image management software programs available. I need to better organize and access my photo files (digital originals and scanned slides/negatives).
I currently have ImageAXS4, but haven't really been satisfied with it. Among the programs I've seen and would like user opionions on (if available) are ACDSee 6.0, Thumbsplus, Imatch, or any other program in the under-$100 price range. My needs at the moment run to personal cataloging at the advanced amateur level, but I'd like a program flexible and powerful enough to handle a reasonable-size collection of stock photos, if I later decide to go in that direction.
I look forward to the usual broad range of opinions and knowledge found on PhotoForum (I've been a list member for a number of years, but I'm essentially a "lurker."
--
Jack Klasey jklasey@colint.com
"Make no little plans. They have no power to stir men's blood!"