Re: question regarding assignment

> Well, there's another consideration.  If you took these photos in
> your role as employee, then undoubtedly you signed an employment
> contract which ceeded all your rights in your work to your employer -
> at least that's the usual way if you're a salaried and benefitted
> employee.  So you probably need to determine whether the right to
> license the usage actually belongs to you.

No, I do research in Life sciences and do not work as a photographer at
Stanford. :-) The brochure is related to life sciences because the
Foundation is a group of clinicians (one of whom, I know) who care for
research in childhood arthritic diseases and want to raise money for that
purpose. The group has substantial history and already received funds from
biggies like Arthritis Foundation and other pharmaceutical companies.
Yes, the brochure is not a photocopied flyer, it is a true print with a
large print run, but not in color, just b/w. The images inside will be
around 2X3 inch inside.
Other issues that came up recently (apart from money involved) is the
inclusion of children from major races in US and I will have to shoot at
least one new photo for that and that will take time and money which they
probably will not provide.
So, I think, I will direct them to Corbis since they will get what they want
for the money they want to spend.
Thanks all for your input. It seems very difficult to live a professional
photographer's life (that is unless one is a biggie).
achal