Re: Random thoughts . . .

Marilyn,

Fear may not be the key emotion here.   Some can't help
but see the good and positive in things just as some can't help but see the
bad and negative.   God bless those who do see the good - we need more of
them.<<<<<

Fear may very well be the key emotion as there is an inherent need for
confidence in one's self to be a successful photographer. You need a strong
character as a photographer to wade through the onslaught of criticism from
the art world, the market and it's demands, and to compete with the level of
quality we see in today's talent levels. A lot of young crafters of the
medium have not developed enough confidence in them selves and their
knowledge that would allow them to critique others. They fear they are not
good enough to offer an evaluation.

Just for the record, there are some of us on this list who follow a
different meaning in life and respectfully keep it to ourselves. Can it be
acceptable to simply be thankful for - "those who do see the good?"

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com