Re: Off Topic Reply Re: anzac day

I am a two tour Vietnam Vet, was nearly killed in the FIRST tour.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety; is a
miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better persons than himself.

<<<<

This is absurd. War is the most ugly thing humankind has ever affected upon itself. That is a mindset, a paradigm that ran rapid in our early days. Ohhhh, the glory of it all....bullshit! War is the most brutal of human's talents. The ugliest our soul can accomplish. We have been doing it since day one.White man, black man, yellow man, the religious, all do it. Apparently everyone has felt the need to defend themselves from everyone else.

War is about death, nothing more. A death that cuts you off in mid sentence, amidst fear never realized at any other time in your life, an act as violent as it gets. Let's hear about the "willingness to fight" when standing in the middle of smoke and debris right after a large bomb destroys where you were just playing cards. When all you hear is a ringing in your ears, difficulty in breathing, blood and body debris on you, the walls, in the dirt and hanging off splintered beams of wood that used to be a building.

Go tell that to the Chinese, the Indians and the African-Americans.

The above quote talks about a sickness humankind has endured from the beginning, the need to control others around us for no truly necessary reason other than greed, hate or power. And, this quote suggests the only solution to this sickness is yet more violence. We are too impatient to make real changes in our physche, so lets just pull the trigger again.

Come on boys! We're going in!

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g