Re: Vestal "On taking yourself seriously"

David,

>>>And if you're obsessed with self-promotion, you get more attention.
This selects for self-obsessed people, but does *not* select for
better work. <<<<<

I whole-heartedly agree. Is that Lee at the door?

I have thousands of images over dozens of years. I have been obsessed with
my work virtually from day one. My left shoulder can carry a hundred pounds,
all day long with out noticing. I have also shot thousands of hours of video
as well and edited hundreds of shows, and yet, no one knows me.

I believe it was David Turnley, the very well known photojournalist in still
photography. Recently, he was offered the opportunity to shoot video
journalism. And, low and behold in his first year, he contributes footage
regularly for a nationally syndicated news show on ABC.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g