Re: file formats

nod <nod@bouncing.org> wrote/replied to:

>ahh but a more interesting question would be whether or not if you turn the
>5x4 image through 90 degrees on the screen and then print it out, is there
>any difference, since the printer should only be capable of printing at its
>full resolution one way.

Ah, excuse me? HUH?

For the record, I always have to turn a landscape image 90 degrees to
print A4.

But my printer prints the same way all the time!

If you're printing something like a barcode, yes, there is a
difference. I've seen it on a webpage. But I wasn't printing such a
thing, and never do.

And by the way, it's convention to mention the height of an image,
then the width, such as "8 by 10" or "4 by 5".

Since you mentioned a 5 by 4, I'm assuming it wouldn't need to be
turned 90 degrees to print.

"take every day as a gift,
never get angry at the idiotic mass of humanity,
delight in the craftsmanship of BMW and nature"
Jim Davis, 2002