Re: PTC Project

Christiane writes:

> Alas, still nothing in my mailbox. Back on the 23th of April Jan wrote me
"
> I mailed you two CDs to-day" but now, exactly ten days later, they have
not
> yet shown up. The first CD arrived four days after he wrote he had mailed
> it. So I contacted him directly two or three days ago; he answered that
the
> two CDS weren't sent on priority, because it would have cost him around
> 75$.. So they should still be traveling.. He told me to contact him again
i=
> one week if they were still missing and that he would then send another
set=
> .
> That's all I can tell about it.
>
> Sorry that I don't have better news to announce.

Is Jan still with us?  What about the request by Andy and others to send the
negatives?  Could you send the negatives to Andy please?

looking at the USPS site I found a half pound package sent by Global Express
Guaranteed Document Service to Switzerland would cost $US33 ,  I don't
really suppose 2CD's would weigh half a pound and I don't suppose anything
on the CD's would really warrant sending it so securely, the lowest
reasonable price is more like $3.90

Jan, could I send you $10 and you post the CD's to Christiane again please?

I realise the PTC project may be a low priority for you in your busy world
but there are a lot of people on PF who treat this project very seriously
and have worked hard to bring it to a conclusion, expediting this by getting
the appropriate material to the right people to finish the job would be
nice.  For them (and myself) the interest has not waned with time, for to us
it is not simply a silly little project but something we've participated in
out of a sense of community, a sharing if you like, investing and revealing
some small part of ourselves in photoforum beyond just the words that appear
in our inbox.

Karl