Re: Digital Plunge

Rick,

When using the wide angle attachment, do you find any loss of quality in the image ?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: Digital Plunge

Bill,
I'm just using the built-in flash on the E-10, works pretty well for me. I just completed an all indoor shoot using the flash for a community theater production. They set aside 1.5 hours for my work so they could help the playwrights construct a story board for use on the web to market the script. This was set in a 130 yr. old farmhouse with hanging light fixtures in the middle of each room, the camera and flash handled all of this well.
I prefer not using the flash for indoor shots as long as the people are posing for me. Then with a bit of photoshop magic, I have great shots without any flash shadows. I think the E-10 lens is sensitive enough to use without the flash for stationary people, try it you might like it.
The maximum distance inside I've used the flash is 15-20 feet for a group of 7 people, very nice shots.
One problem I ran into with the flash was when I tried it with the olympus wide angle attachment lens, using the flash with it caused a big shadow as the flash caught the edge of the lens producing a BIG shadow.

Hope this helps,
Rick

wb9cac wrote:
009f01c1f25e$ff582960$c542f70c@attbi.com type="cite">
Rick,

Thanks for view of your pictures and your comments.   E-10 seems to do a fine job. Are you doing any flash work, and if so, what are you using.

Again, thanks,

Bill Ellis
wb9cac@attbi.com