Re: would people be willing to spend a few dollars for beginner docs?

On Jun 5, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>  i was reluctant to post the following since it's definitely going to
> sound self-serving but it's an idea i've been thinking about for a
> while.
>
>  how many people would be willing to spend, say, 5 dollars for a
> decently-written online booklet that introduces someone to the field
> of kernel programming?  as some of you know, i've already written a
> bunch of columns on the topic, here:
[CUT]

Ok, Probably I'm one of those few guys willing to pay 5 dollars
to have _update_ and _decently-written online_ material on
kernel programming.
The problem here is what you can give us that we cannot find
elsewhere. The answer is, I think, attention.
What does attention mean? It means (at least) a private line
(email? forum?) to ask you questions without being scared to
be considered noobs.
You could create a personal learning path according to the
expertises, skills and expectations of the audience (I'm more
interested in device programming than kernel internals),
with practical exercises to submit to you, and so on...

IMHO (and sorry for my bad english :)

--
Carlo