RE: Log statement seems to be not working

> Ok, it was nf_log_ipv4, but it is a part of iptables. I can get nf_log_ipv4
> installed only if I select XT tables and LOG matching for iptables, so means
> that some core components of iptables also comes to the installation. I would
> like to use only nfnetling_log for logging, but if I try to execute this command
> 'echo "nfnetlink_log" /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_log/2', then I get error, that
> wirte cannot be executed. Should I then necessarily have ulogd installed on
> my system in order to be able to use nfnetlink logging?

I run ulogd on my systems.  Is light weight and functional.  I was going to suggest that way early in your thread, but didn't get around to it.

These are the related installed modules:

# lsmod |grep nf|grep log
nft_log                16384  49
nf_tables             106496  510 nft_ct,nft_chain_nat_ipv4,nf_tables_arp,nf_tables_ipv4,nft_masq,nft_meta,nft_masq_ipv4,nft_counter,nft_log
nfnetlink_log          20480  50
nfnetlink              16384  9 nfnetlink_log,nf_conntrack_netlink,nf_tables

believed to be clean.