Re: Log statement seems to be not working

Ok, it was nf_log_ipv4, but it is a part of iptables. I can get nf_log_ipv4 installed only if I select XT tables and LOG matching for iptables, so means that some core components of iptables also comes to the installation. I would like to use only nfnetling_log for logging, but if I try to execute this command 'echo "nfnetlink_log" /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_log/2', then I get error, that wirte cannot be executed. Should I then necessarily have ulogd installed on my system in order to be able to use nfnetlink logging?