Re: Log statement seems to be not working

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 07:45:23PM +0100, darius wrote:
> Ok, output of command is pasted below (sorry, but it is really log):
>
> root@LEDE:~# nft --debug all add rule ip ipv4_filter incoming tcp dport
> {ssh} log accept
> Entering state 0
> Reducing stack by rule 1 (line 725):
[...]

It seems you may be running an unfortunate choice of nft version.

The line and rule numbers in your dump are higher than for release 0.8.3:

> Entering state 0
> Reducing stack by rule 1 (line 721):

But they are lower than the latest git snapshot I have built (up to 20180317):

> Entering state 0
> Reducing stack by rule 1 (line 737):

Other than that, there are no substantial differences between any of the logs
except you get an error message and I don't.

Alternatively, it could be your kernel version. I am running 4.15.10, the newest
revision to have any netfilter patches.

Cheers ... Duncan.