Re: Is p-o-m still the correct thing to use?

On Tuesday 2008-07-29 06:25, Brian Mearns wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the help, Andrew. The iptables source I have
> doesn't have a configure script...oh, but it does have an autogen
> script. I guess I was probably supposed to use that first. But it's
> a moot point, apparently, because of xtables, so I will be
> switching to that.

Released tarballs should have configure; for autogen, you usually
need (even more) developer tools than you do without, like
autoconf, automake, and the other autowhatevers.

No moot point; iptables still is, as of today, the name of the
userspace package and control program.