Re: Is p-o-m still the correct thing to use?

Thanks for the help Jan and Andrew. I've got xtables (combined) and it built and installed fine. When I run iptables --version, it matches what's given in the versions file in the source distribution. My problem is that the TARPIT target doesn't seem to be recognized. When I try to add a rule with the TARPIT target, it says "iptables: No chain/target/match by that name". I've tried using rules that work otherwise, for instance, changing from DROP to TARPIT, and it still doesn't work, so it's not the rest of the rule that is the problem.

I found libxt_TARPIT.so in /usr/local/libexec/xtables/. Is it in the wrong spot or something? Also, my service runs from /sbin/iptables, but this is soft linked to /usr/local/sbin/iptables: could this be part of the problem? I did this so my package manager doesn't overwrite it any point, but maybe it was a bad idea?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
-Brian