Is p-o-m still the correct thing to use?

The latest version of POM seems to be from 2004, and I saw some references in the mailing list archive seeming to indicate that is' being deprecated, but is there anything to replace it?

I'd really like to patch in TARPITs, but the latest POM does not work with the latest iptable src ("doesn't look like a iptables source code directory to me.")

Thanks,
-Brian

---
There is no disclaimer. Do what you want.