NETMAP of destination *after* routing

Howdy, all. I'm looking at building NETMAP-like functionality into libvirt, such that groups of guest VMs (each group on its own bridge) can think they're sharing the same address space, but be separately addressable from outside (including the VM host itself). This has applications in automated QA -- being able to suspend a group of virtual machines in-flight, create an arbitrary number of copy-on-write images of these machines (each group of copies attached via a different bridge device) connected to different bridges, and being immediately able to separately address each copy via a distinct network address without reconfiguration.

Unfortunately, the current behavior of NETMAP -- translating the source address in POSTROUTING and the destination in PREROUTING -- doesn't appear to work for this purpose: I still need the original destination intact when routing to decide which bridge packets should go out.

How do 'yall suggest resolving this? I've played around with xtables-addons somewhat, and am pondering building a target to do translation in the mangle table on a packet-by-packet basis (as my present understanding -- correct or otherwise -- is that translating the destination post-routing with existing conntrack-based NAT functionality simply isn't feasible)... but at present I don't know what roadblocks are likely to be hit in the process.

Thoughts?

Thanks!