Re: NETMAP of destination *after* routing

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Charles Duffy wrote:

> Unfortunately, the current behavior of NETMAP -- translating the source
> address in POSTROUTING and the destination in PREROUTING -- doesn't appear to
> work for this purpose: I still need the original destination intact when
> routing to decide which bridge packets should go out.
>

> How do 'yall suggest resolving this?

Perhaps setting a mark based on the destination address at pre-routing,
use netmap, and then route based on the mark?
(Using one routing table a'la 'common-dest/mask -> bridgeX' per mark)

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around
it. (John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)