Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.13 released

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > > How do you explain that the same "ipset subsystem" treats the IP address
> > > of the "source" interface (according to your diagram above) as
> > > "destination" when I match the same (incoming) packet above?
> > >

> > The source and destination IP addresses come of course from the packets.
> > They have nothing to do with the interfaces - one can route any (sort of)
> > packet with any source/destination IP addresses to whatever interface.
> >
> > Do you skip routers and think of end hosts only, where the
> > destination/source IP address is that of the receiving/sending interface?
> >
> I see you are avoiding my questions as per usual, so I'll ask them again, for
> the last time:-
>
> 1) Why is it that the same "ipset subsystem" in your diagram above doesn't
> seem to apply the same criteria and treats the IP address of the "source"
> interface as a "destination" (not "source"), in order to get a match for the
> same type of (incoming) packet; and

Nobody talks about the IP address of the interface - just you.

> 2) How do you explain that the same designation ("destination") applies for
> everything else in that "ipset system" (not to mention iptables/netfilter)
> with the notable exception of hash:net,iface set for the same type of match
> (incoming packet)?

I have wasted my time, so I stop here and the thread is ended for me.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary