Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.13 released

Yes. You argue the meaning of a keyword. The meaning is well documented in the manpage, but it's totally counter-intuitive for you. Changing the meaning might break working firewalls. Therefore the meaning won't be changed.
This isn't simply a question of "meaning" - it is an issue caused by the fact that you have introduced something which, it seems, wasn't properly checked initially for whatever reason and that is causing a great deal of inconsistency and inconvenience for people, like myself, who use ipset on a daily basis.

When I match an incoming packet destined to an IP address for example, I have to use, quite rightly, a "dst" designation, but when I match against the interface to which this same IP address belongs to, according to your man page, I have to use "src" instead - all this, simply because you didn't check this properly when hash:net,iface was first released and you can't be bothered, for one reason or another, to change it simply because "this has been out for a long time"?

Do you think that all the network admins out there will have to remember to use "dst" when matching on destination IP addresses, port numbers etc, but use exactly the opposite designation - "src" - when matching on the same destination interface that same IP address belongs to? Do you not see how inconvenient and downright misleading this is? If you can't, you are beyond hope, I am afraid.

Right, I am going to include Patrick in this as this whole saga is becoming something of a monologue and I need a bit of clarity on this.