Re: Nokia device usage

2009/3/6 Matt Emson <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Mark wrote:
>> Sure, they "say" it, after you've already bought the thing and are on
>> a mailing list and a discussion such as this comes up, but NOWHERE in
>> the sales literature or at any sales point that I've seen does it say
>> that. That little morsel is *not* freely disseminated.
>
> I'm trying to stay out of this discussion, because it is a circular
> argument - no one will win because there is no simple correct stance.
> However, I got my N800 in a PC World store in the UK. PC World is a
> large retail chain aimed primarily at consumers. They sell Microsoft
> products to Ma and Pa types. They also sell some more specialized parts
> - at highly inflated prices, and just because an Apple dealer. Having
> acknowledged that point, on the whole, you go to PC World to buy
> consumer electronics, not bleeding edged hacker tools. Make of that what
> you want, but also notice that not all territories that sell Nokia
> products treat them in the same way - this is the reason the argument is
> circular. The N800 was never sold as anything *but* a consumer product
> in PC World - which may well speak volumes for PC World's stupidity, but
> also supports what Mark is saying.

So what are you guys saying ?
The ADs are not true for this particular device?
But is there any ADs that is true for device ?

Is Windows fulfilling what's said in its ADs?
Was Mac OS X 10.0 doing the same?
Was it buggy and slow as hell?

I don't get it.
And, as I said earlier, I think you guys are pretending too much out of it.
It does what it is supposed to do (browsing, im, email).
It may not do it perfectly, but it does it and I think that's also
what is in its ADs.

--
anidel