Re: Nokia device usage

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:48:26AM -0700, Mark wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Ryan Abel <rabelg5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> And *that* is the summary of the state of the tablets: they're *great*
> >> for hackers, but as consumer end-user devices, not so much.
> >
> > And? This is exactly how Nokia's positioned them, so it sounds like the plan
> > is working really well.
> >
> That is as Benjamin Disraeli would say it, a "damned lie". Your
> unrealistic protests notwithstanding, these things have been and still
> are being sold as consumer devices, and nowhere are they referred to
> as being aimed at hackers.

On several occasions people from Nokia with official-sounding titles
(such as "Vice President") explicitly say that they expect it will take
around five generations for the Internet Tablets to be consumer-ready.
The N810 is 3rd generation.

I'd provide references if I weren't a lazy bum.

Marius Gedminas
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.