Re: Nokia device usage

Mark wrote:
> Sure, they "say" it, after you've already bought the thing and are on
> a mailing list and a discussion such as this comes up, but NOWHERE in
> the sales literature or at any sales point that I've seen does it say
> that. That little morsel is *not* freely disseminated.

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion, because it is a circular
argument - no one will win because there is no simple correct stance.
However, I got my N800 in a PC World store in the UK. PC World is a
large retail chain aimed primarily at consumers. They sell Microsoft
products to Ma and Pa types. They also sell some more specialized parts
- at highly inflated prices, and just because an Apple dealer. Having
acknowledged that point, on the whole, you go to PC World to buy
consumer electronics, not bleeding edged hacker tools. Make of that what
you want, but also notice that not all territories that sell Nokia
products treat them in the same way - this is the reason the argument is
circular. The N800 was never sold as anything *but* a consumer product
in PC World - which may well speak volumes for PC World's stupidity, but
also supports what Mark is saying.