Re: App-Manager failure

On Nov 22, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> Ryan Abel wrote:
>
>> Ignore trolls and upgrade. :) Seriously, you get a whole 70 extra
>> megahertz for _free_, not to mention improvements pretty much
>> _everywhere_.
>
> A lot depends on what the improvements are :-)

Pretty much everything, but I can only recommend that you upgrade, I'm
not out to convince you. You'll have to do your own research (the
topic has been covered extensively in many places, so information wont
be hard to come by).

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

> Java
> SaxonB8
> TeX
> Emacs
> Calendar
> Contacts
> Gizmo
> Claws
> Xterm
> PDF reader
> Gnumeric
> Xchat
> CUPS
> Abiword
> Pidgin
> Mauku

All of these things work fine (in fact, most of them work a lot
better) in Diablo. The only one I'm not sure about is SaxonB8, but I'm
sure a little googling will turn up what you need. . . .

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair