Re: WiFi borked after update

Marius,

I agree that updating over a network should, and does work from a "normal" Linux distro, however, I'm not sure it's going to work on Maemo anytime soon; I'm guessing the small memory footprint prevents some of the applications from not killing off a SSH session when there's an upgrade. I'd say the better thing is to write into the install scripts that need to kill of network concections, a test to ensure there is not an active ssh session, and dump a warrning if there is.

You make it idiot proff, and I'll become a better idiot and still find a way to crash it. ;)

Thanks,

Denis

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"ext Denis Dimick" <dgdimick@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> While I'm not sure I'm in Red Pill Mode, I did my update from the
> command line over SSH; a really STUPID ting to do.

On a Maemo device, yes.  In general, no.  Updating while logged in over
the network must work in any half-serious OS.

(Red-pill mode only affects the UI of the Application manager.  It has
no effect on apt-get, etc.)

--
sik vis paw kem, para bellum