Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 08:32:43PM -0600, Mark wrote:

> The bottom line is that IMAP is totally unnecessary and irrelevant.
> It's yet another case of a competing standard that only complicates
> the world and doesn't provide any real advantages.

I frankly don't understand this...

Going to the basics, last time I checked you could download all
your messages from an IMAP server just like you would do with a POP
server, but you also had the option to leave the messages in the
server (classified in different folders if you want to) in case
you want to keep all your mail there and read it from different
computers/devices. Which as far as I can tell is very convenient for
many people.

So what's exactly the problem? You don't think that's an advantage for
anyone or is it just that it's not an advantage for you?

--
Alberto García González
http://people.igalia.com/berto/