Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

Mark wrote:

> Um, no, maybe it's one of those "ugly hacks", but viewing just the
> headers is possible with POP3. Also, telneting to pine gives the
> equivalent functionality *without* any hacks.

Perhaps with some mail clients but it's not part of the RFC. IMAP, on
the other hand, was designed with resource limitations in mind. It
sounds like the majority of your experience with IMAP is as an end user.
If you were a sysadmin of a mail server, for example, you might
reconsider your position. I'm not trying to argue rather than suggest
that there are many sides to an issue and it's unfortunate that you've
not had a positive experience with a protocol due to some issues that
probably could have been resolved if you worked it through with your
mail server admin and/or the client developers. Again, we don't all have
the time for such things but if you want a positive experience with a
slightly buggy product, please voice your opinion constructively and
your efforts will help not only you but the rest of the user base.

On that note, I love where Diablo's going. No more flashing!

-Gary