Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

Riku Voipio wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>> Your setup may be able to handle IMAP just fine, but it could at least
>> as easily handle POP3. If you're running it on an ARM system you
>> clearly are not leaving messages (especially with large attachments)
>> on the server indefinitely (there's no ARM system I know of that has
>> the storage for that), so you're really using it as if it were a POP3
>> system anyway...
>>

> There is literally hundreds of different ARM systems available
> with IDE/SATA/USB ports that can scale to pretty much
> unlimited quantities of storage. You can walk down to your
> nearest well equipped computer store and by ARM system
> with a terabyte of storage[1].

The first ARM processors were used in Acorn Archimedes computers. If I
was to buy an ethernet podule for my old A7000, it would certainly be
capable of doing all of the above, and so I would have to agree that the
statement was extremely sweping and most definitely inaccurate! :-) It
only has a ~1GB drive at the moment (IIRC), but I certainly could add in
a larger one if I needed to.