Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

El Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:15:21 -0600
Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> The crux of the matter is in specifically *what* resources are in
> question. IMAP may have an initial savings in network bandwidth (which
> is debatable), but ultimately uses much more in the way of every other
> type of computing resource on the server side,

FWIW, my imap server runs on an arm processor slightly less powerful
than the one in the tablet, and it manages to do many other duties at
the same time, so I don't think it's such a big resource hog.
Of course it couldn't manage thousands of accounts, but it doesn't need
to (after all it's just for me and my wife)

Bye
--
Luca