Re: run application on maemo (Nokia 770)

If you activate R&D mode (using flasher, for example:

sudo ./flasher-3.0 --enable-rd-mode -R

) you can use a command

sudo gainroot

To get root privileges.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Han <keepsimple@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
it seems "sudo" requires password for the user, which i don't know....

$sudo  chown -R user\: /media/mmc1
Password:

- Han

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM, atul raut <atul_raut17@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Han,
>
> Your problem is
>
>>>/media/mmc1 $ ls -l
>
>>>-rwxr-xr-x   1  user   root     55056   Sep 2  04:59  br
>
>>>/media/mmc1 $./br
>>>sh: ./br: Permission denied
>
>>>any ideas ?
> Yes
> Just try this command and after that run your application.
> It will run. Need to change permission form root to user.
>
> sudo  chown -R user\: /media/mmc
>
> thanks and regards
> atul
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Michael Stepanov <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You can run your application from command line using xterm. Debian package
>> should be created to provide users easy way for installation and run the
>> application.
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Han <keepsimple@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can I run stand-alone application from File Manager in Nokia 770? i.e.
>>> the application is NOT installed via .deb package.
>>>
>>> I have built an maemo application in scratchbox for ARM target. But
>>> after I copied to Nokia 770, and tried to run it from File Manager, it
>>> said "Unknown File Type".
>>>
>>> Here is the file type when I do "file myapp" in scratchbox:
>>>
>>> myapp: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux
>>> 2.4.17, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
>>>
>>> Do I have to build a .deb package in order to run it on Nokia 770?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Han

--
Cheers,