Re: Power consumption and WLAN APs

"ext Frederic Crozat" <fred@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Kalle Valo <kalle.valo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> This is getting difficult. So if your ADSL line is dead for a day your
>> WLAN AP will not work, did I understand this right? If yes, that sucks
>> big time.
>
> Only if there is also a power loss and AP need to reboot (it needs
> ADSL line working to download its firmware over DSL at each boot).
> And frankly, it is not really an issue (no downtime for several
> years for myself ;).

Good then. For me that kind of setup just sounds too much of a company
control for my taste.

>>> Anyway, I've pinged Freebox engineer in hope they might have a clue on
>>> the issue.
>>
>> That's your only chance, unfortunately. I would assume now that WLAN
>> is getting more popular in mobile phones they would get more pressure
>> to fix this. Let's hope for the best.
>
> Well, when I discussed with them, they told me they already fixed
> PSM for usage with Wifi phones they are selling. So, PSM is working,
> but not (yet) with Nokia internet tablet ;)

Then that's very strange. I wonder do they refer here that they fixed
the frame loss problems (ie. disconnecting from networks etc) or power
consumption problems.

If I would just get access to this device for few hours. This is not
easy.

--
Kalle Valo